Privacy Practices for Our Website
Zillian S.A. , based in CH – 6963 Pregassona-Lugano Via San Gottardo di Cureggia 14, No IVA: CHE-115.652.985, acts as a data controller for the processing of personal data related to our business and as a data processor for information we collect and process on behalf of advertisers, advertising agencies, publishers, and other users of Zillian services in the European Economic Area. If you have questions about privacy at Zillian, you may contact us by email.
For What Purposes Does Zillian Use Your Personal Information?
Zillian uses personal information you provide us or is collected by us when you interact with our website and other ours content to operate, provide, develop, and improve our products and services. These purposes are listed in more detail below:
- Sale and delivery of our products and services. We use your personal information to manage and deliver orders and subscriptions, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provision, troubleshooting, and improvement of our services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our services.
- Compliance with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we may collect certain information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for recordkeeping and compliance purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for our features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, affiliates, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
For information on how Zillian uses personal information collected and processed through Zillian services on behalf of our advertising customers, please refer to the “Data Collection through Zillian Services” section below and related sections.
Data Collection through Zillian Services
What does Zillian do?
Through our services, our customers – advertisers, advertising agencies, publishers, and other users of Zillian services – may collect and use information about your device to provide you with a more tailored online advertising experience. Our customers use Zillian’s tools and services (e.g. Flexserve) to create and deliver advertisements (also referred to as ad serving), to monitor the success of and manage advertising campaigns, to detect and minimize advertising fraud and, ultimately, to present you with advertisements that are more likely to be interesting and relevant to you. When providing these services to our customers, Zillian can act as a data processor for these customers. This means that the customers are responsible for the processing of personal data relating to you, while Zillian processes such data based on the customer’s instructions.
How does Zillian deliver advertising on behalf of our customers?
Zillian’s technologies are deployed on your devices, and through the third-party website and mobile applications you use. The information we collect is associated with your identifiers and/or mobile advertising identifiers (if you are using a mobile device), as well as your IP address. We never collect information about your actual identity.
As explained above, our technology employs device identifiers and similar technologies (like statistical device identifiers) to collect information about your browser or device, the sites it has visited, the advertisements served to it, interactions with those advertisements, and, where available, the approximate geographic location of the device (“ad serving information”).
We use the ad serving information we collect to deliver an advertisement to you from a company who engages our services and to measure engagement with such advertisement. This information is collected in the course of providing our customers with ad-serving and campaign management services and is used for the purpose of helping our customers determine which advertisement is suitable to be delivered to you.
This ad serving information, which does not enable Zillian to determine your actual identity, may be shared with our customers and Zillian’s and our customers’ partners for our customers’ advertising purposes. We use reasonable efforts to require our customers and partners to treat the information we share with them in accordance with applicable laws, the terms of the contracts we may have with them, and their own privacy policies.
We use the term “device” or “devices” to refer collectively to computers and mobile devices, as well as the internet browsers and other applications on your devices that interact with the internet. Zillian may engage in cross-device data collection, which refers to the process of collecting data from separate devices that have been determined through statistical analysis to be linked or related, on behalf of customers. Zillian, or partners that we employ to provide this service, use cross-device data to provide advertising services to our customers and to deliver tailored ads to users across multiple devices.
Information Collected by Customers and their Partners
Please note that Zillian’s customers sometimes include their own (or their partners’) ad-tags, pixels or similar technologies within advertisements that Zillian could serve to Website for those customers. Zillian does not control such collection or processing and we use reasonable efforts to require customers to treat such information in accordance with applicable laws and their own privacy policies.
Zillian is not responsible for and cannot control the data collection and use practices of its customers or their partners. You should read the privacy notices of the website you visit and the online services and interactive ads that you use to understand what information companies collect and how they use that information.
On occasion, at the request and on behalf of a customer, Zillian may collect personal information supplied voluntarily by consumers through their interaction with data collection fields in the body of advertisements or on website (such as name, email, etc.). This personal information is provided directly to the customer on whose behalf the information was collected, or the customer’s service providers, and is processed by Zillian only to the extent and as long as is necessary to provide the advertising services for which the personal information was collected. Zillian is not responsible for its customers’ use of this voluntarily supplied data. Zillian does not distribute this personal information to any party other than those indicated within the advertisement or, at the customers’ direction, their service providers. Zillian never associates any of this personal information with any other data (such as ad serving information) gathered or used in the delivery of advertisements.
Links to Other Sites
Privacy Practices for Advertising and Content Served by Zillian
We respect your right to privacy throughout all of the services we provide.
We also subscribe to the policies of the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework, as a registered vendor on the Global Vendor List. For more information about these organizations, their policies and interest-based advertising, please visit their Website by clicking on the following links: the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework .
Data Security and Retention
We have appropriate technical and organizational security measures in place to help protect the personal information that is submitted to us voluntarily through our web site or collected through interactions with our services. However, no system can be completely secure, and we make no guarantees as to the safety or security of any information transmitted to or from this site or through our services. Zillian retains information we receive from your device in log files for up to 13 months from the time it is stored, after which time the information is deleted.
Our Use of Advertising Technologies
This section provides additional information about the various technologies that Zillian uses to manage Zillian Website and to deliver ads to you and services to our customers, including services that collect ad serving information when you interact with our customers’ ads or the sites and applications where their ads are provided.
Mobile Advertising Identifiers
Most mobile devices include an identifier that allows application publishers and marketers to track user activity on mobile devices for advertising purposes (for example, Google’s Android Advertising Identifier (AAID) and Apple’s Identifier for Advertising (IDFA)). Zillian could use mobile advertising identifiers for the same purposes for which we use statistical identifiers.
Like most Website and advertising services providers, we gather certain information when you visit or interact with Zillian Website and on our customers’ behalf when you encounter our customers’ ads and Website. This information is collected automatically and stored in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. This information, which does not allow us to determine your actual identity, is used for purposes such as administering the site and the services, analyzing trends, and measuring user engagement with content.
Pixels (also known as Clear Gifs)
On behalf of our customers, we may employ advertising pixels (a.k.a. clear gifs) on Website and advertisements that interact with some of our services. Pixels help our customers better manage content and advertising on Website by informing as to what content is effective. Pixels are graphics embedded invisibly in web and advertising content and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Pixels work with cookies to record the interactions of users with Website and advertisements.
Statistical Identifiers and Cross-Device
Like pixels, statistical identifiers help to better manage content and advertising on devices by informing (without using cookies) as to the content with which users interact. Statistical identifiers collect various information about a device, such as screen resolution, browser type, or operating system. Devices may have unique, or near unique, device profiles and so collecting this information helps to determine to a reasonable level of statistical accuracy the level of users’ engagement with our website or our customers’ advertisements and Website and to recognize the devices of users who interact with our or our customers’ content. The information gathered through the use of statistical identifiers is not associated with any information that would enable us to determine an individual’s actual identity. Our customers use Zillian’s cross-device solutions to tailor advertising experience across all devices, such as a computer, mobile phone and tablet. For example, using cross-device solutions, advertisers can limit the number of times you see the same ad on multiple devices, or serve you a follow-up ad on your computer after you have seen a related ad on your mobile device.
Information Relating to Children
Our products and services are not designed or intended for children (as defined in applicable data protection laws). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children on our website or through our services. Please advise us if you are aware of our having received personal information from a child, in which case we will take appropriate steps to delete it. For these purposes, “children” and “child” refer to ages defined by applicable law in the countries where we provide our services.
International Data Transfers and Privacy Shield Compliance
The personal information Zillian processes may be transferred to, and processed in, any country in which we, our group companies, or our service providers or partners operate, and this may include countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Legal Basis and Purposes for Processing
If you are a user from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally process personal information from you where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us by email.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, to correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us by email.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us by email.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by sending an email requesting to “unsubscribe” it.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Changes to this Document
Zillian reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time and without notice. We encourage you to review this page periodically for the latest information on our privacy practices.